«Nikolaev Locomotive Repair Plant» Ltd
LEADING COMPANY IN UKRAINE FOR IMPLEMENTING DEEP MODERNIZATION OF LOCOMOTIVES
At the beginning of 2018, the first diesel locomotive TGM-6 with repowered Cummins QST30 engine after a deep modernization was put into operation. During the modernization, the following works were performed:
- Installed engine Cummins QST30 / USA /
- Modernized UGP-750
- Установлен Installed AKL 4,5RM 111J
- Установлен Installed air conditioning
- Coolant fan drive motor
- Microprocessor-based control of auxiliaries
In 2018 «NTRZ» Ltd installed systems of electronic diesel control and fuel injection on the operational engines of locomotives.
Thanks to this has been achieved:
- Up to 15% fuel savings
- Allows monitoring the flash point and fuel supply to each cylinder.
In 2017 was implemented the project for modernization diesel locomotive TGM-4, with the installation of the Cummins QST-30 engine and compressor unit for PJSC Zaporizhstal (Metinvest).
In mid-2017, «NTRZ» Ltd defended its modernization projects with a patent.
In 2016-2017 were developed projects for modernization diesel locomotives TGM6, TEM2, TEM7, ChME3, 2TE10 including repowering engine with Cummins (USA), Caterpillar (USA), ABC (Belgium) and installation of Rotary-Plate compressor unit which was produced in cooperation with «Mattei».
- In the course of the modernization, the following were performed:
- installation of a generator and a diesel engine on a common diesel frame and their connection with a rigid
- installation of self-cleaning oil filters “Boll & Kirch 6.46 DN100” and new diesel air supply system
- installation of water pipes and new pipelines
- full wire replacement
- overhaul of electric machines and devices
- installation of a second water cooling circuit and new refrigerator sections
In 2016 «NTRZ» Ltd performed modernization of diesel locomotives M-62 including replacement of 14D40 engine with 5-26DG-01 V-shaped, four-stroke with gas turbine charging and charge air cooling
In 2013 «NTRZ» Ltd developed and implemented the project for modernization diesel locomotive TGM-4, with the installation of the Cummins QST-30 engine. In the same year, the locomotive was put into operation and by 2018 it has worked extremely reliable more than 25,000 machine hours.
Since 2010 the company modernizes TEM-7 diesel locomotives, with the installation of new diesel-generator set 12-26 DG instead of old 2-26 DG, with assembling, connection and adjustment of diesel engines.
In the course of the modernization, the following were performed:
- Replacement of diesel 2-26DG on12-26DG
- Installation of inverter 110v-> 220 ~
- Installation of refrigerator
- Installation of air conditioning
- Installation of microwave
- Installation of Heinzman electronic speed controllers
- SKRT "DELTA"
- Automatic fire extinguishing system
- GPS positioning system
- Video surveillance system
ADVANTAGES OF DEEP MODERNIZATION
- Reduction in fuel consumption up to 25% and oil up to 80% due to the use of a modern diesel engine with a modern microprocessor control system.
- Increased power and accordingly thrust force
- Reduction of unplanned downtime and operating costs, thanks to the servicelife of a diesel engine and compressor up to 100,000 machine hours
- Improved driver comfort.